I was inspired by this wood block
from this Etsy Shop: bubblewrappd
And referred to by one of the blogs I'm obsessed with, but now I can't even remember who it was! :(
So, the reason this stood out to me so much is because I'm going through some personal struggles, but no matter what, I've decided I will just keep swimming! I wanted to make something that I would see everyday and remind me of this simple but powerful encouragement!
So here's my creation...
It was very simple to make this.
Here are my steps:
1. Spray painted a 16 x 20 canvas with gray
spray paint (Krylon Brand).
2. Asked my bf that works at Staples to make a copy of my words on a transparency sheet (downloaded a font from one of those free font websites).
3. Using my school projector,
I penciled the words on the canvas.
FYI, this was the hardest part because a regular pencil is gray, on top of gray paint...guess I didn't think that thru very well).
4. Then I painted the letters with white acrylic paint.
5. Made some cloth rolled flowers. I used scrap material I bought in the left over bins from Joann's and Hobby Lobby and some cloth ribbon.
6. Glued 'em on and Bam, my creation was finally finished!
This project would've taken a "normal" person a few hours to make, but it took me a couple weeks because I'm pretty lazy and/or I get distracted easily and have a hard time finishing my projects!